Just some thoughts on a painfully dull, painfully slow, and just plain painful 10-3 loss to the Niners this afternoon.
- _Two_ bad interference calls on McKelvin? There was no illegal contact on either of those.
- I doubt that Lindell could hit the upright twice in a row if he tried to. But when he’s trying not to, bam-bam it goes.
- I think this was the first time this season I’ve heard someone mention that Losman was taken in the first round of the ’04 draft. Generally, they’re trying not to mention him as the ugly duckling to the round that produced Rivers, Roethlisberger, and Manning the Younger.
- I know he’s going to get crucified for it, but going for it on 4th and 2 was a good call. It’s one of those deals where Jauron is a hero if it works and an idiot if it doesn’t. Look at Shanahan in week 1 vs. Herm Edwards in week 10 (?), both going for two to clinch a game.
- I think I’d rather listen to a miked up drunken Cheektowaga polack in the stands than that announcing crew.
- Lynch looked awesome.
- So did Peters. I think he’s finally back in shape for the season after missing camp.
- Is someone out there actually buying that American Ale crap?
The Bills are now 6-6, and most likely will miss the playoffs. Again. For my part, I’m now 42% (5/12) on my predictions from the beginning of the season.
I can’t believe they lost to half of the NFC West. That conference couldn’t get into the playoffs in the CFL, for crissake.