A few observations on yesterday’s “home” game, a 23-0 blanking of the badly stumbling Washington Redskins.
- Well, it was more like a blanking of the Redskins practice squad. They’re missing their opening day starters at quarterback, running back, receiver, tight end, and offensive tackle. The Bills have some injuries too, of course, but they’re not putting their “Preseason Game 2” roster on the field like these poor guys.
- The nice thing about playing a game in Toronto is that the crowd is so polite and quiet you can actually hear the quarterbacks adjusting protection at the line. Oh, and the microphones pick up a lot more cursing.
- Shanahan looks like a pink, angry Dennis Kucinich.
- Rodney Harrison, on Football Night in America, suggested that George Wilson is a serious contender for Defensive Player of the Year. I can’t disagree. The Senator is having a hell of a season, including his fourth pick of the season yesterday.
- Rian Lindell probably looks forward to kicking in this dome all season long.
- Nice mouthguard, Corey McIntyre.
- Nice hands on the warmups, Tyler Thigpen.
- Oh, and the Pats lost. Guess who’s back in first place in the East?
After the Bills wins this season, which have pretty much been all shootouts, it’s great to see the defense put the clamps to someone. And if you’ll excuse me, I have to go torment the Redskins fan on the second floor of my building.